Read more about nutrition counseling
The frequency of follow-up sessions is based on your individual needs and will be discussed during the first visit. Follow-up visits provide ongoing support, nutrition education, and meal planning (if desired). We will address any challenges you may be experiencing and will offer additional tools, strategies, and adjustments to your plan to help you continue to progress towards your goals.
Particularly for clients working to recover from an eating disorder, a team approach is often necessary. We are happy to provide referrals to therapists and physicians if needed and coordinate care with your other medical providers.
Nutrition counseling visits are offered in our convenient Midtown office. Video and phone sessions are also available.
Groups & Workshops
Recent Workshop Topics
Recent workshops include:
- Head to Pointe® Wellness Workshop for Dancers
- Head to Pointe® Nutrition Workshop for Dancers
- Head to Pointe® Eating Disorder Awareness & Prevention Workshop
- Surviving Summer Break: Tools, Tips, and Support for Students with Eating Disorders
- Surviving the Holidays: Tools, Tips, and Support for Students with Eating Disorders
- Intuitive Eating 101
Past Presentation Topics
Past presentation topics include:
- The Language of Eating Disorders: Are You Helping or Harming?
- Performance Nutrition for Dancers
- Nutrition Essentials for Dance Educators
- Collaborating in the Prevention and Treatment of Eating Disorders in Dancers
- The Non-Diet Approach to Healthy Eating
- The Role of the Registered Dietitian in the Treatment of Eating Disorders
- How to Have a Healthy Holiday Season
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Debunking Fad Diets and Nutrition Myths
- And more…
Professional Supervision & Consulting
Prior Consulting Projects
Prior consulting projects include:
- Organized and led Eating Disorder Awareness Week event
- Organized and led body image discussion panel
- Developed eating disorder protocol for college health services
- Developed nutrition program for women’s health clinic
- Nutrition curriculum review