How to check your nutrition benefits
The following questions will help you inquire about your benefits. Ask for a reference number for your call.
- Does my plan include a benefit for out-of-network nutrition counseling? (The procedure codes used for nutrition counseling are 97802 for the first visit and 97803 for follow-up visits.)
- Do I have any out-of-network nutrition counseling benefits covered under the preventative care portion of my plan?
- Are there any limitations on which conditions are covered? Ask if your specific medical condition or reason for seeing a nutritionist is covered (for example: eating disorder, high cholesterol, general nutrition counseling without a medical diagnosis).
- How many visits am I allowed per year?
- Are there any other limits or exclusions on my plan?
- Do I need a referral from my Primary Care Physician?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, has it been met?
Our office is happy to answer additional questions you may have regarding insurance coverage. Call 1-917-566-4699 for assistance.