How to check your nutrition benefits
The following questions will help you inquire about your benefits. Ask for a reference number for your call.
- Does my plan include a benefit for nutrition counseling? (The procedure codes used for nutrition counseling are 97802 for the first visit and 97803 for follow-up visits.)
- Do I have any nutrition counseling benefits covered under the preventative care portion of my plan?
- Are there any limitations on which conditions are covered? (Ask if your specific medical condition or reason for seeing a nutritionist is covered.)
- How many visits am I allowed per year?
- Are there any other limits or exclusions on my plan?
- Do I need a referral from my Primary Care Physician?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, has it been met? (If not met, ask the amount remaining.)
- What is my co-pay?
- What is my co-insurance?
- Is Monika Saigal or Caitlyn Corradino covered on my plan?
Monika’s Provider ID numbers: Oxford: P5225233, United: 2943467
Caitlyn’s Provider ID numbers: Oxford: P6331044, United: 7172836
- If Monika/Caitlyn are not covered, what are my out-of-network nutrition benefits?
Our office is happy to help you inquire about your particular plan’s benefits. Call 1-917-566-4699 for assistance.